- High Costs, Currency Push Ford out of Australia Manufacturing
Ford will shut its two Australian auto plants in October 2016, blaming a strong currency and costs that are hitting manufacturers.
Yahoo. Thu, 23 May 2013 10:50:08 GMT.
- Oil falls below $93 as China manufacturing weakens
The price of oil fell below $93 per barrel Thursday after a survey showed manufacturing activity in China falling to its lowest level in seven months, a sign that the recovery in the world's No. 2 economy is fading.
Miami Herald. Thu, 23 May 2013 03:44 EDT.
- Japan Shares Plunge Following Negative Chinese Data
Japanese share prices Thursday experienced their worst one-day decline in two years, following the release of unexpectedly negative Chinese manufacturing data. ...
Voice of America. Thu, 23 May 2013 03:25:27 -0400.
- Ford to shut Australian production
Ford Motor says it will shut all its Australian manufacturing plants by October 2016, after more than 85 years making cars in the country.
BBC News. Thu, 23 May 2013 03:02:40 GMT.
- State to have ‘golden share’ in local autos
The state could participate in a local car manufacturing ...
Hurriyet. Thu, 23 May 2013 00:01:00 +0200.
- Ford to shutter Australia car, engine plants in 2016
Ford, saddled with high costs, falling sales and financial losses, will close its Australian car and engine assembly plants in 2016, ending almost nine decades of manufacturing in the country.
AutoNews.com. Wed, 22 May 2013 20:04:21 EST. Subscription required.
- New Michigan-Based Medical Product Manufacturing Effort Provides Solutions for Innovators
ANN ARBOR, MI--(Marketwired - May 22, 2013) - The University of Michigan Pediatric Medical Device Consortium (M-PED) is launching a new medical product manufacturing video on Vimeo. ...
Marketwire. Wed, 22 May 2013 17:25:48 EDT.
- Canadian Health Care Wait Times "Manufactured" Says Latest Research
CALGARY, May 22, 2013 /CNW/ - Wait times in the Canadian healthcare system have been manufactured by out-of-date and technically corrupt approaches to capacity management and planning. ...
PR Newswire. Wed, 22 May 2013 06:18:00 EDT.
- Some Day My Prints Will Come
Will 3D printing revolutionise manufacturing?
BBC News. Tue, 21 May 2013 23:00:04 GMT.
- What We Should Do About 3D Printed Guns
As most people are aware by now, a man named Cody Wilson has developed a gun design that allows anyone with a 3D printer to manufacture their own firearms. ...
By Greg Satell. Forbes. Tue, 21 May 2013 14:15:33 GMT.
Manufacturing Facility Illustration
Copyright © 2012 Manufacturing-News.org. All rights reserved.