- Indexation brings age-pension bonus for retirees
Changes to the deeming rates will benefit about 630,000 age pensioners and almost 350,000 receiving other payments
Sydney Morning Herald. Sun, 22 Sep 2019 00:00:00 +1000.
- The Future Of Electric Vehicles: Will US Manufacturers Lead?
National Drive Electric Week 2019 is underway in the United States, with organizers hoping to underpin the growth of electric vehicles and highlight the benefits of EV ownership. ...
By University Of Houston Energy Fellows, Contributor. Forbes. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:45:00 -0400.
- Is it Apt to Foray Into the Indian Stock Market?: An Analysis
The government of India unveils an array of concessions to spur the economy. This in turn will slash most corporate taxes to 22% while new manufacturers will pay even a lower corporate tax rate of 15%.
Tirthankar Chakraborty. Zacks. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 15:17:00 GMT.
- TSX closes at record high as oil rally continues
The Toronto Stock Exchange's benchmark stock index closed at an all-time high of 16,899 on Friday as strong oil prices buoyed the market.
CBC News. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 10:42:36 EDT.
- Hold That Recession: US Indicators Are Trouncing Forecasts
U.S. economic data are beating economists' expectations by the most this year, offering a fresh rebuttal to last month's resurgent recession fears fueled by the trade war and a manufacturing slump.
Newsmax. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 08:31:00 EDT.
- Colt Suspends Manufacture Of Controversial AR-15 For Civilian Market
The gun maker says it will concentrate instead on fulfilling contracts from the military and law enforcement for the semi-automatic weapon that has come for many to be associated with mass shootings,
Scott Neuman. NPR. Fri, 20 Sep 2019 05:35:00 -0400.
- Engineers create ways to keep stone waste out of landfills
Using polymers and natural stone slurry waste, researchers are manufacturing environmentally friendly stone composites. ...
Science Daily. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:22:23 EDT.
- Pelosi drug-pricing plan links negotiation to international price index
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's proposal to lower drug prices intensifies two major provisions drugmakers hate: international reference pricing and inflation caps.
Susannah Luthi. Modern Healthcare. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:58:36 EDT.
- Low prices behind factory closures says BGMEA boss
The head of the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) has blamed low prices paid by international brands and retailers as one of the reasons so many factories have closed down over the last year.
Just Style. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:47:00 GMT.
- Virginia gov announces $8.5M firm expansion, 105 new jobs
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - A company that makes piping systems is expanding in Virginia and plans to create 105 new manufacturing jobs. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Thu, 19 Sep 2019 04:17:35 -0400.