- Printed solar panels a shining light for saving energy
An Australian breakthrough in lightweight solar panels that can turn any surface into an energy source could deliver a boost to local manufacturing.
Mike Foley. Sydney Morning Herald. Sat, 11 Jul 2020 21:26:22 +1000.
- June PPI Weak at -0.2%, COVID Drug Adds Promise
June Producer Price Index headline of -0.2% was a big miss from the +0.4% consensus and the +0.4% headline for May.
Mark Vickery. Zacks. Fri, 10 Jul 2020 14:17:00 GMT.
- LGBTQ rights: Arab Israelis call for tahini-maker boycott
An Arab manufacturer of the popular dip sparks a backlash for supporting an Israeli LGBTQ group.
BBC News. Fri, 10 Jul 2020 13:34:05 GMT.
- Elon Musk's Tesla on the verge of joining S&P 500 index
Tesla is on the verge of joining the prestigious S&P 500 stock market index following a year in which its shares have risen by more than 580%.
Sky News. Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:36:00 +0100.
- Biden proposes $700bn plan to revive US economy, contrasting it with Trump's 'America First' policies
Democratic candidate announces 'Build Back Better' manufacturing investments while criticising president's 'failure' to live up to economic promises
Alex Woodward. The Independent. Thu, 09 Jul 2020 22:15:00 GMT.
- Biden promises to unify the country as he unveils plan to revitalize manufacturing
Joe Biden proposed a sweeping plan aimed at boosting U.S. manufacturing on Thursday, the first plank of an economic recovery agenda that his campaign is expected to roll out in the coming weeks.
Yahoo. Thu, 09 Jul 2020 16:08:57 -0400.
- Asian Markets Rebound Thursday
The Nikkei index in Tokyo ended the day 0.4 percent higher.
Voice of America. Thu, 09 Jul 2020 04:21:32 -0400.
- Russian reconciliation center warns of chemical provocation being staged in Syria
Militants manufactured at least 15 improvised bombs replete with unknown toxic substances in a special lab in the town of Sarmada, according to the chief of the Russian Center for Reconciliation of the Opposing Parties in Syria
Tass. Thu, 09 Jul 2020 03:18:46 +0300.
- For 50 years, the Boeing 747 has carried 4billion passengers and several Space Shuttles
MARK PALMER: It's such a colossus that the American factory in Washington, where the planes have been manufactured since 1969, is the largest building by volume in the world.
Daily Mail. Wed, 08 Jul 2020 22:15:11 GMT.
- Chicago AccuWeather: Very hot, humid Wednesday; heat index over 100
Very hot and humid, heat index ranging from the mid-90s to over 100. Highs in the mid-90s.
Wls. ABC News. Wed, 08 Jul 2020 16:40:21 +0000.